Are you the proud owner of a fur baby? Chrismon Heating & Cooling understands that your pets are like family, which is why we want to help pet lovers understand the particular concerns regarding HVAC maintenance. Check below to learn the many ways your pets can alter your HVAC system.
- With cat snuggles and puppy, licks come shedding and hair, which is why we recommend to pet owners to frequently change their air filters even before they are due for a replacement. Often your pet’s hair will cover and matte your air filters, causing your home’s air quality to suffer.
- Having pets can cause your home to be filled with pet dander, hair, and other outside particles that can clog and fill your ducts. We recommend hiring our skilled technicians to regularly check your ductwork for needed cleanings to ensure your HVAC system is working efficiently and accurately.
- We recommend bathing and brushing your pets outside to help keep the hair and dead skin cells from shedding into your air and reaching your filter. This contributes to keeping your air unpolluted and your house cleaner.
- Adjusting your thermostat during the day when you are not home is an easy way to conserve energy money on your monthly utility bill. Your pets will stay comfortable in temperatures as low as 65 during the colder months and as high as 80 degrees in the warmer months.
Contact us today at (336) 656-3888 to learn more about our Greensboro air conditioning repair.
At Chrismon Heating & Cooling, we strive to educate our customers on the importance of maintaining your HVAC in Greensboro, NC. Below we have three important reasons why you should be receiving regular maintenance checks.
- More Efficient
Routine maintenance checks ensure your air conditioner is cooling your space efficiently while helping to lower your monthly utility bills. Maintenance appointments thoroughly examine items such as the ductwork for leaks and your air filter for proper airflow, to ensure your machine is functioning properly.
- Less Problems
Like with any machine, parts eventually will give out and need to be replaced, which is why we recommend HVAC maintenance. Our experienced specialists can help you discover problems that need to be repaired before they become a major defect, possibly resulting in a new HVAC unit. Paying for regular maintenance checks could help you save money in the future on your investment.
- Increased Air Quality
Regular HVAC maintenance improves the quality of the air in your home or business. Preventative maintenance appointments discover a mold growth in the coils and ductwork that could cause potential sickness and musty smells.
Contact our company at (336) 656-3888 if you are interested in learning more about our Priority Club Program or needing to schedule a maintenance appointment.
When it comes to HVAC in Greensboro, NC, we’re the experts at helping to repair your existing systems or helping you find a new heating or cooling unit. Our talented and friendly staff at Chrismon HVAC is ready to answer all of your questions 24/7, but there are some inquiries we receive more than others. Here is just a list of some of our most frequently asked questions and their answers.
Q: What is the best brand name for heating and cooling systems?
A: This is a question that has more than one answer because there are plenty of quality brand names in heating and cooling to choose. We recommend sticking with the more well-known, big brand names in heating and cooling equipment, but what’s more important is how the equipment is installed. If you spend a lot of money on a new cooling unit and the person who installs it doesn’t do it correctly, that’s money down the drain for you. That’s why we make sure all of our technicians at Chrismon HVAC are highly qualified, trained, and certified to install and repair those systems.
Q: What is a SEER rating? How does it play into cooling systems?
A: A SEER rating stands for “seasonal energy efficiency ratio,” and is something that is usually placed on cooling equipment. Mainly, this rating shows how effective the cooling system is for the amount of power it uses. The rating is beneficial to those who are shopping for a new cooling unit to install in their home because it can show how energy-efficient the equipment is in comparison to older equipment. At Chrismon HVAC, we specialize in high-efficiency cooling and heating systems, so we’ll be able to help guide you to the right equipment with a relatively good SEER rating.
If you have more questions about HVAC in Greensboro, NC, we can answer them at Chrismon HVAC. Give us a call today at 336-656-3888 to schedule an appointment!
Fall may be in the air, but winter is coming! We have talked about preparing your HVAC system for winter, but we have not discussed the negative impacts that snow and ice can have on your HVAC unit. Check below to learn how your HVAC system is affected by the colder temperatures.
- When snow falls and creates ice on your HVAC system, this can create your machine to freeze up and shut down completely. This is dangerous because it will stop the heat from coming into your home, which could cause your pipes to freeze and burst.
- Snow and ice can accumulate in your aluminum fan and coil fins, causing them to lose their shape. This can cause loud, obnoxious noises when your HVAC unit runs.
- As the snow falls and creates ice, this can cause your HVAC unit to work harder than usual. This will result in your unit overworking until it burns out or it will increase your monthly bills excessively.
We suggest creating a cover for your unit that ensures safe circulation, avoiding a fire hazard, but also keeps your unit safe from the snow and debris. If you are interested in learning more about keeping your HVAC unit safe from the snow or you need an AC repair in Greensboro, NC, contact us today at (336) 656-3888.